Untitled

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What a great line...

One time in my history I hung out with this guy who had a girlfriend. He and I were just friends. Likely story. It was during one of my single periods and he asked me to come over hang out, drink wine, and watch some movies. Okay...I know what you are thinking. We actually did just that, and I crashed at his place. No...nothing happened that night. Of course at that point I didn't know the guy had a girlfriend either. He's just a cool person to hang out with.

Now, I knew this guy wasn't happy with his girlfriend. He'd been on and off with her for a while, and I never asked the question why. I finally did, and it was an interesting conversation to say the very least. I won't get into details just in case, but all I can say is wow. It's funny how some of my guy friends, who have girlfriends, suddenly are unhappy with them when I am around. I don't know if it's because they want someone who will listen to them vent and not judge them, or if it's that they have this underlying interest in me that they are hinting at. At any rate...I'm usually the girl friend who gets to be the advice giver to the guys.

I ended up hanging out with this guy again down the road, and yes he was still with the girlfriend. Of course, being me, I made it a point to keep pointing that fact out. Especially after he started trying to be intimate with me after I crashed at his place again. Of course what doesn't help is that I was highly attracted to this guy, so what do I care...I mean really. So, eventually I gave into some serious temptation.

After all was said and done, we decided to go get something to eat. He tells me he is going to take a shower. I said, "lucky you." He then offered for me to take a shower also, but I really didn't NEED one at that point because I was going home after food anyway. And this is where the best line of my life came out of my mouth. I didn't plan it...it just came out...

I said, "That's okay, I'll wash your indiscretion off of me when I get home."

3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Thanks...sometimes my mouth gets ahead of me. He laughed about the comment, but there was shame in his eyes. Classic.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa,

    So you played the other woman part a?

    The guy obviously cheated on his GF and apparently is too pussy enough to break things off with her.

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Agreed...though he has broken it off twice in the time they've been together. Something keeps bringing him back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home