Unhappy Holidays
It's that time of year again. The holidays. A time of joy, a time of thanking, and of giving. A time for families to come together to celebrate and share stories of the year behind us. A time for them to interrogate me about my love life because I'm yet again single and still have no children.
This year will be filled with pity and a million questions about my most recent failure. Leave it to family to make you feel like a failure and fill you with self doubt and loathing. To say the least, I'm not looking forward to the holidays especially this year. As it is...today would have been a year for Dave and me. Now I'll be expected to explain to everyone why I failed at a relationship with my best friend of 12 years. That alone makes me feel like there is something wrong with me.
This is going to be a very difficult holiday season.
This year will be filled with pity and a million questions about my most recent failure. Leave it to family to make you feel like a failure and fill you with self doubt and loathing. To say the least, I'm not looking forward to the holidays especially this year. As it is...today would have been a year for Dave and me. Now I'll be expected to explain to everyone why I failed at a relationship with my best friend of 12 years. That alone makes me feel like there is something wrong with me.
This is going to be a very difficult holiday season.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home