The work event
Tonight was the annual sales event for the bank I work at. These things can be very entertaining. Last year was a Disney theme. RIDICULOUS! This year was a Rockstar theme. Wow. My area manager was Johnny Cash. Basically everyone was expected to dress up as some famous musician. We didn't. No time to if we wanted to get there on time.
The night went like this...I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in ages because I had moved away and came back. Then, I saw a group of people that I used to work with, who for some reason seem to hate my very existence. The reason being because I broke up with someone...OVER A YEAR AGO NOW. What the fuck? Seriously. It's not like I broke their hearts, and they don't even know my side of the story. How messed up is that? Sometimes you just fall out of love with someone who is anal about everything, and doesn't understand the simplest of things because they aren't common sense smart, only book smart. This guy didn't understand some movies because of that shit. Plus...he was always correcting my spelling. Drove me nuts. The guys is 30 now...still living at home, and his mom lays his clothes out for him and has his lunch prepared for work. PLEASE!! He's a CPA for crying out loud. Get a sense of style already. I mean, don't get me wrong...I adored his family. He was was the odd man out. Everyone else took care of themselves just fine. He was just so needy and picky.
Anyway, after all the awards went out, we all went to eat and dance and mingle. They had Karaoke tonight which was cool. My friend and I had signed up for a song ahead of time, and guess what? They never called us up. How rude. Though, it was fun to see him, and catch up as always at this event. We danced, made fun of people, and just had a great time. Then I ran into my former mortgage rep from the branch I was at before I moved. He asked me out. HAHAHAHAHA!!! The guy is about 15 years older than me, and doesn't even live that close by. Luckily, I was saved by the girl I was following back home, and told him just to email me at work. I was dumb-founded. I didn't know what to say. Damn the wine.
I got home, and all I could think about was the guy I'm seeing. I would kill to have him over tonight. Yummy. Haha. He is so worth every minute I spend with him. He makes me feel happy all the time. Which is something. I've been on a few dates since the break up, and nobody can quite keep my interest like him. He actually had it before I ever left last year, but that is a whole other story.
The night went like this...I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in ages because I had moved away and came back. Then, I saw a group of people that I used to work with, who for some reason seem to hate my very existence. The reason being because I broke up with someone...OVER A YEAR AGO NOW. What the fuck? Seriously. It's not like I broke their hearts, and they don't even know my side of the story. How messed up is that? Sometimes you just fall out of love with someone who is anal about everything, and doesn't understand the simplest of things because they aren't common sense smart, only book smart. This guy didn't understand some movies because of that shit. Plus...he was always correcting my spelling. Drove me nuts. The guys is 30 now...still living at home, and his mom lays his clothes out for him and has his lunch prepared for work. PLEASE!! He's a CPA for crying out loud. Get a sense of style already. I mean, don't get me wrong...I adored his family. He was was the odd man out. Everyone else took care of themselves just fine. He was just so needy and picky.
Anyway, after all the awards went out, we all went to eat and dance and mingle. They had Karaoke tonight which was cool. My friend and I had signed up for a song ahead of time, and guess what? They never called us up. How rude. Though, it was fun to see him, and catch up as always at this event. We danced, made fun of people, and just had a great time. Then I ran into my former mortgage rep from the branch I was at before I moved. He asked me out. HAHAHAHAHA!!! The guy is about 15 years older than me, and doesn't even live that close by. Luckily, I was saved by the girl I was following back home, and told him just to email me at work. I was dumb-founded. I didn't know what to say. Damn the wine.
I got home, and all I could think about was the guy I'm seeing. I would kill to have him over tonight. Yummy. Haha. He is so worth every minute I spend with him. He makes me feel happy all the time. Which is something. I've been on a few dates since the break up, and nobody can quite keep my interest like him. He actually had it before I ever left last year, but that is a whole other story.


1 Comments:
At 10:14 PM,
Melanie said…
That is just plain creepy!
Post a Comment
<< Home